sexta-feira, 28 de novembro de 2008

Há uma música que explica isso tudo

Time takes care of the wound
So I can believe
You had so much to give
You thought I couldn't see

Gifts for boot heels to crush
Promises deceived
I had to send it away
To bring us back again

Your eyes and body brighten
Silent waters, deep
Your precious daughter in the
Other room, asleep

A kiss "Goodnight" from every
Stranger that I meet
I had to send it away
To bring us back again

Morning theft
Unpretender left
Ungraceful

True self is what
Brought you here, to me
A place where we can
Accept this love

Friendship battered down by
Useless history
Unexamined failure

But what am I still to you
Some thief who stole from you?
Or, some fool drama queen
Whose chances were few?

That brings us to who we need
A place where we can save
A heart that beats as
Both siphon and reservoir

You're a woman, I'm a calf
You're a window, I'm a knife
We come together
Making chance in the starlight

Meet me tomorrow night
Or any day you want
I have no right to wonder
Just how, or when

You know the meaning fits
There's no relief in this
I miss my beautiful friend

I have to send it away
To bring her back again.



Morning Theft - Jeff Buckley

Sem comentários: